Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lacing Up My Determination

I know I've been MIA the past couple weeks. so I wanted to at least update you on what I've been up to and also share some great quotes I found today.

I have been spending a lot more time working out and running, now that I feel like my adrenal glands and panic attacks are under more control. I can't even put into words how great it is to feel a little more "normal" and to be able to get my heart rate up with a good workout. The 5HTP seems to really be helping a lot !

This past Saturday I decided last minute to run a 5K, in the crazy heat, and have been trying to recuperate since then. Haha. I ran with a few friends and we all had a pretty tough time, due to the heat and humidity, even though it was a twilight run at 8:30PM. We all got pretty disappointing finishing times, but I kept trying to remind myself that what mattered is that I got out there and challenged myself and at least finished it standing up and not passed out on the course. Haha. It was a good challenge and I can at least say I ran a 5K during one of Washington DC/Northern VA's hottest weeks ever!

I have been determined to get through these panic attacks and adrenal issues since the very first day they showed up and I am so pleased to finally, after a very long time of researching and trial and error, be able to start accomplishing my goals. One of the things that Tyler told me before he deployed was that he wanted me to continue to go after my dreams and never give up...I think he would be proud.

I was looking on-line today for some good encouraging quotes to add to my collection and I wanted to share what I found, in hopes that it might encourage you. I hope you enjoy.

Meg

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."
~ Unknown


"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown


"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."
~ Aldous Huxley

Before. . .

After. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment