Wednesday, August 31, 2011

That Which Has Been Your Delight

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."  ~Kahlil Gibran

Life has been busy busy busy once again, but I wanted to take a moment to share this quote. It has almost been two years since I lost Tyler in Afghanistan (Sept. 10th), and this time of year is always a lot tougher for me as that day approaches. It find myself fighting back tears more often than usual, and it's a little more of a challenge to manage my anxiety and adrenal issues. I've been panic attack free for about 5 months now (with the exception of low blood sugar causing one attack 3 months ago). However, I've been noticing subtle struggles in my body and mind the past 3 days or so. I ran out of 5HTP a few weeks back, so it's probably not helping that, during the most emotional time of the year for me,  I'm not taking the one natural supplement that has helped me in this process. I bought a new bottle the other day and am hoping that I notice my anxiety and adrenals calming down in the next few days.

Even though September brings more tears for me, I know that the reason I have tears is because I was blessed to have felt a love so deep. I am extremely thankful to have made so many amazing memories with Tyler while we were together. In moments when it seems impossible to breath, and tears flood my heart and soul, I stop to focus on all the happy memories that we shared; and remember that my tears are because I am blessed with memories in which I can now find comfort. I feel broken at times, but the delight and love that Tyler brought into my life are forever a part of me and shaping me for all that I am meant to be each day.

Stay Strong, Meg

1 comment:

  1. May our Lord continue to heal your heart in your loss, Megan. You are an AMAZING woman to know at such a young age that you were blessed to have shared that strong of a love with Tyler and are thankful for every memory. Time spent on earth is so foreign to eternity and what we have yet to behold. "We are only pilgrims on this earth, searching for the city of our birth"~
    I pray you continue to stay strong physically and emotionally. If you ever want to escape to the beach, you are always welcome in our home. We are only about 8 miles from Sandbridge. Much love, Cindy White

    ReplyDelete