Monday, April 16, 2012

Don't Worry-Be Happy (Insert Whistle)


I bet you just started singing the tune (or whistling it!) to this familiar song :o). My mom has always sang this little ditty to me when I have needed to refocus my thoughts and stop my unnecessary fretting. 

When I lived in Colorado Springs I attended Woodmen Valley Chapel and LOVED the pastor and warm family of believers there. I always found the pastor, Matt Heard, on target with his teachings and really enjoyed the way he uses props and art in his messages. He is truly a gifted teacher and I never walked away feeling like my mind and spirit hadn't learned anything. I felt richer in knowledge and prompted to think more on the topics that he raised. 

Daniel and I hope to return to Colorado Springs when we are done with his service here in Germany, and I am so excited to be able to attend this wonderful church again. For now though, I will have to settle for his teachings on video and audio clips!

Today I found a really good teaching by the church's associate pastor, Doug Olsen, and knew I had to share it with you. This teaching has some important reminders of what worry does to us and what God desires for us to do to be free of worry. 

Whip out your notepad and take some notes along with me :o).
Love, Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment